To apply for the Postsecondary Disability Services Online Graduate Certificate Program, complete the application process which begins at the link below. We are currently accepting applications for fall. The deadline is Friday, June 30th, 11:59 PM EST. Apply now to avoid last minute processing delays.
- Applicants must have completed a Baccalaureate or Master’s degree (in special education or a related area) or higher from a regionally accredited college or university in education or a related field.
- Applicants should have 3 to 5 years of professional work experience in special education or a related field.
The Admissions Committee will review only completed applications with supporting documentation. Each applicant is strongly encouraged to confirm that his/her application is complete and ready for review.
- Successful candidates normally meet a minimum of a 3.0 upper division undergraduate grade point average or 3.0 graduate grade point average.
- A personal statement of purpose from the applicant addressing his/her reasons for applying and his/her plans for the future (uploaded).
- Contact information for two references/recommenders1.
- Current resume or Curriculum Vitae (uploaded).
- If you use the results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (http://www.ets.org/toefl/) (TOEFL Scores), you must have a minimum overall score of 550 for the paper-based test or 79 for the internet-based test.
- Unofficial transcript(s) for all undergraduate and graduate coursework (uploaded).
- Official transcripts of all collegiate work mailed to The Graduate School (see address below). Please note that official transcripts from students previous educational experiences at UConn are not required.
- The GRE, GMAT, and Residence Affidavit are not required.
- When completing the application form, select Postsecondary Disability Services as the program name in the drop down.
- A non-refundable $75 application fee.
- After you apply, please send The Graduate School your Official Transcript(s) in one envelope to:
- University of Connecticut
- The Graduate School
- Whetten Graduate Center
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
1 During the application process, an applicant will be asked to provide name and e-mail contact information for two recommenders. The recommendation providers will be emailed instructions on how to enter the system and add their recommendation to your electronic application. Recommendation provides can also mail their recommendations to the office listed above. You must input the names and contact information for each provider, whether they will be submitting electronically or on paper. For those providers that wish to submit their letter electronically, be sure to mark “Yes” for the online submission question on the Provider Input Form.